Secrets, Lies & Chat

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

A Sunny Hello from Kirra Beach Queensland

As I sat eating brekky, gazing out across the expanse of white sand to the beautiful Pacific gently rolling in, I thought how wonderful it would be to have this view every morning, not just for a week. But then a week is more than some people ever have in an idyllic place, so I count myself extremely lucky.

I arrived here on Sunday afternoon, 13 February, and within a few short hours had the beginnings of a flu, great! My dreams of a fantastic Valentine's Day started to dull as the hours ticked by and I went into the progression of the flu symptoms. However, I managed to enjoy the morning with my lover Bryan, and he handed me a card with personally written words from him to me, and a beautiful gold claddagh ring with two diamonds in the crown. I slipped it on my finger - perfect fit. I haven't worked out yet how he knew my ring size, but he is very resourceful. I didn't have a gift for Bryan, just a card as I figured our gifts for each other were ourselves. However luck prevailed. He dropped his watch in the bathroom and broke it. Perfect! I bought him a new one - cheap but nice lol.

Today Wednesday I'm much better with just some chest junk to get rid of. The sun is out, the heat is kicking in and we are off to the Moreton Bay area of Brisbane to visit my mother in the nursing home and to call in on other rels. I spoke to my contact at Channel 7 Today Tonight and was advised that the story on lying is still being worked on and I will be advised in advance when it is going to air. I was told my part of the story will be excellent, so here's hoping. All I really want is my book up there in lights.

News on the shipment of books is improving with ABP finally recognising that it will be much easier if they do the arrangements from the US and I forward the freight charges to them. I've given up worrying as the most important review books have gone to my agent in the US and hopefully before long will be posted to US and Canadian reviewers. I have already found out that getting my book into bookstores in Australia is going to depend on success overseas and I have therefore decided not to have a book launch here as there is little point when there are no oulets to purchase from.

That's it for today. Havagood one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home