Secrets, Lies & Chat

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

News on the arrival of THE book/s

It's Australia Day, Wednesday 26 January 2005. Good one, another Public Holiday, another excuse for a lazy day with family.

After a barbecue lunch there's not much energy floating around the house, bodies lying around stuffed full of food and nothing better to do than lie down and recuperate (from overeating). I enjoyed a long, slow, large glass of Baileys on the rocks and now feel slightly numb lol.

It is very hot and steamy in Sydney with the temperature out here over 30 celcius, a cloudy storm infested sky. I'm undecided whether to try and motivate myself to pull on the togs and go have a swim in my pool that beckons to me, or to turn on the air conditioner and just sit here and dabble on the net. I don't really have the energy to get up and change my clothes, and I'm all sweaty from the humidity. Too many options.

I have news on the book. Finally I have been able to get in touch with the person who handles the orders and despatch of same. Talk about pulling teeth! I am fortunate to have someone over there in the marketing department who is pushing for me and managing to move this other person to contact me.

Release date ................. I decided on Wednesday 16 March, the week prior to Easter holidays. Wednesday appeals to me as 'hump' day. About all I've done in the past almost 2 years is either knock humps down, crawl over them, run over, walk over or lie deflated at the bottom of them. And the number 16 is a special number. It was my dad's birthdate and is my daughter's.

According to the guru in charge of orders, my books I have ordered should be ready for freighting out next week; I am supposed to be advised of the date and details this week. I won't wait with baited breath, I might catch something I dont wish to.

Watch this space. I may well have a quantity of my book for sale on the internet within a couple of weeks. And each book I sell will be autographed, if requested. The first 500 I will sell are pre-release books, and there may well only be 500 of them available with the same jacket. Depending on reviews the publisher receives before release date, the jacket may be reprinted to reflect those additional reviews.

Until then, Happy Australia Day everyone. Yeah yeah bring on the Public Holidays when almost everyone, with the exception of the greedy retailers, are enjoying the day with family and friends. When it comes to retail dollars, pride in our country comes bottom of the priortity list, and those that work in retail aren't given much option but to work. I wonder if the big bosses of the retail trade are having the day off?????

PS I did turn on the air conditioner



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home